ICBC is the agent designated by Global Blue, a world-famous tax refund company, in China. For VAT and sales tax paid during consumption in over 270,000 designated stores labelled Global Blue across 40 countries, you may request tax refund in cash by providing tax refund form stamped within valid period by EU customs, your ID document, passport and shopping receipt.
When shopping at one of 270,000+ shops labeled with Global Blue Tax Free Shopping in 40 countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, United Kingdom, Greece, Netherlands, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, Argentina, Czechoslovakia, ICBC will process the refund when you return to China. No more difficulty in getting back the refund due to language barrier or shortage of time.
☆ Service Channel
At ICBC designated outlets, call local customer service hotline 95588 for details.
☆ Operation Guide
1. Ask for Global Blue Form marked with tax free shopping and shopping receipt after shopping at the shop labeled with tax free shopping.
2. At departure, present the merchandize, passport, shopping receipt and tax refund form at the customs. Request customs to stamp on the tax refund form (Note:No Customs Stamp. No refund!).
3. When in China, apply for tax refund at designated ICBC outlets. Submit original and copy of your passport, tax refund form stamped by customs of the country and shopping receipt.
4. Applicant meeting the requirements will receive cash refund as the amount stated in the tax refund form, or transfer the refund into applicant's specified ICBC account.
☆ Friendly Reminder
1. The ratio of overseas sales tax refund, minimum shopping amount for tax refund (total shopping amount of the same customer at the same shop in one day) varies in different countries, in general, 5- 19%of the merchandize price.
2. When you (domestic resident or foreign resident) shop at shops labeled with Global Blue in EU countries, ask for Global Blue tax refund form and shopping receipt, have tax refund form stamped by the customs at the final point of departure from the European Union.
3. Tax refund form in question has to be confirmed again by Global Blue. ICBC will inform you to collect the tax refund amount at the ICBC outlet where you apply for the tax refund or credited into your specified ICBC account when it is ready for tax refund.
4. Tax refund form without customs stamp is invalid.
5. Apply at ICBC within one month before tax refund form expired.