Certificate T-Bond is a debt certificate issued by ICBC on behalf of the Ministry of Finance, and sold to retail invetors based on integer multiple of nominal value. It can be viewed as a risk-free investment given the high credit rate backed by the central government. Certificate T-Bonds are issued in tranches on annual basis, with the maturity in two years, three years and five years. Buyers will receive a receipt issued by ICBC, which is a registered certficate redeemable at maturity or early in the same city. In addition, certificate T-bonds are exempt from interest tax.
1. Easy to buy. ICBC outlets across the country bring great convenience for you to buy or redeem certificate T-bonds.
2. Qualified pledge for loans. Certificate T-bonds can be used to apply for pledge loan in case of urgent need of money.
☆ Service Channel
1. ICBC outlets: Buy, redeem, transfer, enquiry or formal report of loss.
2. Internet Banking: You can check the certificate T-bond you have bought via the ICBC Internet Banking.
3. Telephone Banking: enquiry or verbal report of loss.
☆ Operation Guide
1. Purchase. Buy the bonds at any ICBC outlet with own valid ID document. If someone buys on behalf, ID document of this person has to be surrendered as well.
2. Redeem and transfer. Just use bond certificate and reserved password to redeem or transfer at ICBC counter.
3. Enquiry. At ICBC outlets, through Internet Banking or Telephone Banking.
4. Report loss.