Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode Service
Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode is an online service designed to make Internet transactions safer by authenticating the identity for ICBC Credit Cardholder at the time of purchase, and create a level of trust and confidence in online shopping. The logo of Verified by Visa/ MasterCard SecureCode Service is to be displayed by participating merchants and will be shown to you during registration and each time you enter a password for authentication at the time of purchase.
Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode Service is simple to use.
Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode Service registration is simple and free of charge, no need to install any software.
If the credit card has not yet been registered, cardholder need to visit ICBC website and follow the steps below for registration:
- Each credit card is required to register once. Upon successful registration, cardholders can process Internet transactions at any time through Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode Service.
- During online shopping, cardholders first select the items they wish to purchase and proceeds to enter Visa/MasterCard card number as part of the checkout process. Press "Confirm" / "Order" button.
- Merchant then will check and confirm with Visa Card / MasterCard issuing bank, and presents with the Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode Service password request page.
- Cardholders provide registered Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode Service password or SMS One Time Password for validation.
- Card issuing bank then sends the Merchant a response to indicate that the cardholder has been authenticated.
- Then go ahead and process the transaction in the normal manner.