I. In order to make it easy for cardholders to use cards, ICBC launched a series of service improvement measures according to international conventions, announced as below: 1. The following service measures have been launched in the cities of Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Chongqing, Shenzhen, Xiamen, Qingdao, Dalian, Ningbo, Haerbin, Shenyang, Wuhan, Changsha, Chengdu, Xi'an, Kunming, Haikou, etc. and the whole provinces of Jiangsu, Guangdong and Zhejiang: (1) Stop-payment on loss report, prompt validation on formal loss report. After getting his Peony card lost, the cardholder or his agent should go to the card-issuing office or business office fill in the Loss Report Application Form, and conduct the formal loss report, which will take effect immediately, and the cardholder will not assume any economic loss incurred by any transaction after the formal loss report. He may also handle loss report through telephone, and ICBC will assist to take precautions.
(2) Free from checking identification certificate and entering password for general consumption. The cardholder generally does not need to present his identification certificate or input password when using Peony card to consume at appointed units At the same time, in order to ensure the safety of the cardholder's funds, it is necessary for the cardholder to input password or present his identification certificate when using Peony card for large sum consumption, ATM usage, or cash withdrawal on business office's counter.
2. ICBC also launched other service measures nationwide: (1)Commission Business Card holder can entrust others to transact the businesses such as peony card loss report, card collection, collection of PIN envelop, card reissuing, card replacement, loss report and newly opening, card activation, PIN reprinting, password resetting, card returning, account cancellation, etc. The handler needs to offer original identification certificates of his own and the cardholder (the original identification certificate of the cardholder is not needed for loss report) as well as the authorization trust deed filled by the holder.
(2) Emergency Assistance Service In case of losing Peony card in other cities, if the holder needs money urgently, the local bank can provide less than 2000 Yuan for Peony card emergency assistance service within the his account's credit line.
(3) Easy Password Resetting In case of oblivion of password, the cardholder can go to any local ICBC business office to apply for password resetting.
(4) Loose Card Application Requirements Anyone aged over 18 can apply to ICBC for Peony International Credit Card and Peony Credit card. Overseas persons or active military officers applying for personal Peony card are no longer required to provide temporary inhabitance registration or related certifications issued by local public security department. One of the following certifications can do, such as ID card, passport, officer's certificate, inland pass for Hong Kong, Macao residents and inland pass for Taiwan compatriots.
3. All service measures mentioned above do not apply to Peony Money Link Card.
4. In case of discrepancy between the original rules and this notice, this notice will prefer.
5. The series of service measures introduced this time will be implemented from May 16, 2002. Call ICBC client service hotline 95588 for details.
II. In order to deepen business reform, upgrade service standard and offer smooth channel for businesses transacted by card holders in holidays, the Peony Card Center introduced "round the clock " counter service measure, in which ICBC will implement 365 days one year no-holiday service from January 27 2003, and the normal operation time is 8:30-19:30, providing card holders with professional services such as application, card replacement, card collection, loss report, emergency assistance, consultation of Peony International Card, Credit Card and Quasi credit Card. Peony Card Center's "Round the Clock" counter services and 24 hour hotline (95588) will enable cardholders to obtain secure, convenient and fast quality services at any time.