ICBC Shangri-La Credit Card is a global co-branded credit card jointly launched by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (“ICBC”) and Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd, which integrates the benefits of ICBC Platinum Card and Shangri-La Circle.
This is a platinum card, comprising UnionPay single-logo single-currency card (magnetic stripe + PBOC contactless chip), VISA single-logo multi-currency card (magnetic stripe + EMV contactless chip), MasterCard single-logo multi-currency card (magnetic stripe + EMV contactless chip), with the PBOC chip card for domestic use and EMV chip card for overseas use, offering stronger encryption, better security, and more extensive applications.
Multiple brands, all media and multiple currencies, by “swiping, inserting, swinging or scanning”, the card meets your diversified needs.
This card needs to be associated with a UnionPay single-logo card. The detailed procedures are as follows:
★ “1+1” application for card Apply for a VISA or MasterCard single-logo card and a UnionPay single-logo ICBC Shangri-La Credit Card at the same time, you only need to fill in one application form. The two card accounts are linked so that you can use both cards for payment at home and abroad freely. If you apply at an outlet, please provide the following information at “Product code” in the application form: MasterCard Brand ICBC Shangri-La Credit Card: 46000471 VISA Brand ICBC Shangri-La Credit Card: 46000470
★ Linking the card to your mobile phone You can use your mobile to apply for a supplementary card for your ICBC Shangri-La credit card (UnionPay branded) in use, and swing the phone to make payment. ICBC has launched mobile payment such as HCE cloud quick pass payment, Apple Pay, and Samsung Pay. We offer quick link to card, “easy opening”, and “quick pass payment”! You can also use a valid ICBC Shangri-La credit card to activate the ICBC e-payment, link to the ICBC QR code payment, and complete the payment through “swipe” in the ICBC Link, which greatly improves the efficiency and convenience of payment.
I. Unique Financial Benefits 1. Metal logo This is the first platinum credit card in the world that uses metal logo.
2. No charges for currency exchange Currency exchange is not charged for overseas consumption. The card is available in 10 currencies, namely US Dollars, Euro, Hong Kong Dollar, British Pound, Japanese Yen, Singapore Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Australian Dollar, Swiss Franc and New Zealand Dollar. When you use the card in the VISA or MasterCard network in countries or regions where the 10 currencies are used, the accounts will be credited directly in the corresponding currency with no need for currency exchange, or for paying the exchange fees. When you use the card in the VISA or MasterCard network in countries or regions where the 10 currencies are not used, the system will automatically convert the transaction currency into US dollars and credit the amount to the US dollar account, and automatically exempt the corresponding exchange fees. For repayment, you can choose to use RMB to purchase foreign exchange or choose from the 10 currencies for direct repayment, which offers you more choices and greater convenience.
3. Shangri-La Circle membership One card with two numbers, this is not only a platinum credit card with extensive functions, but also a membership card for Shangri-La Circle. The cardholder will automatically become a gold member of Shangri-La Circle and enjoy the associated benefits (if you are already a member, you will retain the current membership level).
4. Automatically receiving Shangri-La Circle Points from consumption Every 120 ICBC consumption bonus points will be automatically exchanged for 1 Shangri-La Circle Point (1 point will be awarded for every consumption of RMB1, and the points will be calculated after the foreign currency consumption is converted into RMB, except for the specific transactions that do not award points as stipulated by ICBC), and you can easily enjoy various rewards and services of Shangri-La Circle. Shangri-La Circle Points can be redeemed for free stays, instant dining awards, Chi, The Spa vouchers, convert your points to airline miles and more.Terms and Conditions 1. Shangri-La Circle Points automatically converted from the cardholder’s ICBC consumption bonus points in a month will be credited to his/her Shangri-La Circle account before the end of the next month. 2. Once Shangri-La Circle Points are credited to the cardholder’s account, their validity and use are subject to terms and conditions of Shangri-La Circle, and the Shangri-La Circle reserves the right to modify them at any time. 3. If the cardholder cancels the credit card before Shangri-La Circle Points are credited to his/her account, he/she will no longer have this benefit and shall not seek any compensation from ICBC. 4. This benefit and any matters not covered herein are governed by the terms and conditions of the Shangri-La Circle and other relevant regulations. 5. To acquire Shangri-La Circle Points, please provide your accurate email address on the application form. If you already have a Shangri-La Circle membership number, please provide it in the “membership number” column. 6. If your ICBC consumption points are less than 120 points in the current month, they will be exchanged in the next month. 7. Shangri-La Circle Points exchanged from the consumption points of the holder of the supplementary card will be credited to Shangri-La Circle account of the primary cardholder.
5. Complimentary high-value insurance (1) Aviation accident insurance: As long as you successfully activate the ICBC Shangri-La Credit Card, you will receive an aviation accident injury insurance of up to RMB4 million maintained by ICBC for you free of charge. The benefit will expire on May 31, 2022. After expiration, please refer to the latest announcement on the official website of ICBC. Please click to view the details. (2) Travel inconvenience insurance: Upon successful activation of the ICBC Shangri-La Credit Card, you will receive the travel inconvenience insurance maintained by ICBC for you free of charge. If you buy a ticket with this credit card, you may apply for compensation up to RMB5,000 within a year, if your flight is delayed for more than 4 hours (inclusive). The benefit will expire on May 31, 2022. After expiration, please refer to the latest announcement on the official website of ICBC. Please click to view the details.
6. RMB1 for airport parking and VIP services at airports and railway stations (1) RMB1 for airport parking From January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022, the holder of an ICBC Shangri-La Credit Card will have the opportunity to enjoy 2-hour parking or 48-hour parking service if he/she spends RMB1 with this card in designated airport parking lots in China. (2) RMB1 for VIP services at airports and railway stations From January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022, the holders of ICBC Shangri-La Credit Card will have access to VIP services at more than 50 airports across the country, including two single-person services for RMB1 (only available to the cardholder himself/herself) and one three-person service for RMB6.2 (including the cardholder and up to two accompanying travelers). VIP services include assisted check-in, fast security check and lounge services at airports; The holders of ICBC Shangri-La Credit Card will enjoy lounge services at more than 70 railway stations across the country and escort by concierges to the ticket gate for fast ticket check (The services available may differ at different railway stations, click “View Details” for more information.), including two single-person services for RMB1 (only available to the cardholder himself/herself) and one three-person service for RMB6.2 (including the cardholder and up to two accompanying travelers). View details for airport parking for RMB1: >> View details for VIP services at railway stations for RMB1: >> View details for VIP services at airports for RMB1: >>
7. Rules for delay and shortage tolerance and interest calculation For ICBC Shangri-La Credit Cards opened before November 1, 2018, the second interest accrual method stipulated in Article 21 of the Rules for Peony Credit Card of ICBC shall apply. If the cardholder fails to repay the current payable amount in full, the card issuer will charge the overdraft interests for the outstanding part from the bank bookkeeping date to the repayment date. For ICBC Shangri-La Credit Cards opened after November 1, 2018 (inclusive), the interest accrual method stipulated in Article 21 of the Rules for Peony Credit Card of ICBC shall apply. If the cardholder fails to repay the current payable in full, the interest-free repayment period will not apply to any of the overdraft amount payable for the current period, and the card issuer will charge the overdraft interests for the outstanding part from the bank bookkeeping date to the repayment date.
II. Unique Hotel Benefits 1. 10% Off the Flexible Rate Enjoy a 10% discount on the Flexible Rate at any participating Shangri-La, Kerry, JEN or Traders hotel worldwide. Terms and Conditions 1) This offer is valid for stays on the Flexible Rate at any participating properties worldwide excluding Shangri-La Zhoushan on/before 31 December 2023. 2) Reservation must be made through www.shangri-la.com, Shangri-La Circle Mobile App, Shangri-La’s China toll-free number 400-186-6888 or hotel and resort reservation numbers. Please quote the promotion code “ICBC1” upon reservation. 3) Cardholders are required to present their ICBC Shangri-La Credit Card at check-in and settle payment upon check-out by using the same Credit Card in order to enjoy the offer. 4) Service charges and government tax are not eligible for the discount. 5) Prior reservation is required and the offer is subject to availability at the time of reservation. 6) This offer is non-transferable and not valid in conjunction with other offers or promotions. 7) Terms and conditions of Shangri-La Circle Programme apply.
2. 15% Discount on Dining Enjoy a 15% discount off your bill when dining at any participating Shangri-La, Kerry, JEN or Traders hotel restaurant worldwide and paying with this card. Terms and Conditions 1) This offer is valid until 31 December 2023 excluding Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, New Year Day and Chinese New Year’s Eve. 2) This offer is valid at all participating hotel restaurants worldwide except: AZUR by Mauro Colagreco at Shangri-La Beijing; Café Malacca and Lobby Bar and lounge at JEN Hong Kong by Shangri-La; Carlino at Shangri-La Vancouver; CHAO No.18 at Shangri-La Zhoushan; Diner de Fleurs at Shangri-La Singapore; Ensure at Futian Shangri-La, Shenzhen; Kitsho at JEN Manila by Shangri-La; Ministry of Crab at Shangri-La The Fort, Manila; Momofuku at Shangri-La Toronto; Oblix Restaurant at Shangri-La The Shard, London; Red Chicken and Dockyard at Kerry Hotel, Hong Kong; Seventh Son at China World Summit Wing, Beijing and Futian Shangri-La, Shenzhen; Shang Social at Jewel Changi Airport; The Drama Club and ONI Restaurant & Lounge at Shangri-La Dubai; The Rocks Teppanyaki and Harts Pub at Shangri-La Sydney; Upper Deck at Kerry Sports Manila.3) Cardholders are required to settle their bills with the ICBC Shangri-La Credit Card at the participating restaurants to enjoy the discount. Spending charged to the rooms is not eligible for this offer. 4) Service charges and government tax are not eligible for the discount. 5) This offer is not valid in conjunction with other offers, promotions or with the Restaurant & Bar Voucher. 6) This offer is valid for a maximum of 12 diners and can only be enjoyed once on one receipt per restaurant visit. This offer is not applicable for meetings, events and banquet services. 7) Terms and conditions of Shangri-La Circle Programme apply.
3. Discount on Health Club Membership Get up to 20% off annual membership fees at the Health Club at any participating Shangri-La, Kerry, JEN or Traders hotel in mainland China by paying with this card. Terms and Conditions 1) This offer is valid until 31 December 2023. 2) This offer is applicable for health club annual membership purchase at any participating properties in mainland China. 3) The discount on annual membership fee and fitness package may vary between different hotels and is subject to each individual hotel’s offer. Please check with individual hotels directly for details. 4) Cardholders are required to settle their annual membership fee with the ICBC Shangri-La Credit Card to enjoy the discount. 5) Service charges and government tax are not eligible for the discount. 6) This offer is non-transferrable and not valid in conjunction with other offers or promotions. 7) Terms and conditions of the individual health club membership apply.
4. Exclusive Upgrade To Jade Membership Stay with just 10 qualifying paid nights in a calendar year and you will be upgraded to Shangri-La Circle Jade membership. Terms and Conditions 1) This offer is valid until 31 December 2023 for 10 qualifying nights achieved in a calendar year. 2) This offer is exclusive to ICBC Shangri-La Credit Cardholders who are also Shangri-La Circle Gold members. 3) Qualifying paid nights are hotel stays under Qualifying Rooms Rates, excluding Long Stay Rates which will count toward qualification for upgrade to Shangri-La Circle Jade membership. 4) To enjoy this offer, cardholders must settle the payment upon check-out by using their ICBC Shangri-La Credit Card. 5) The membership upgrade will be done on the 15th day of the following month after the completion of the 10th qualifying night stay. New membership cards will be issued in four to six weeks after the membership upgrade. 6) The Jade membership upgrade offer is only applicable for the current membership year. The renewal criteria for the next membership year are subject to the terms and conditions of Shangri-La Circle. 7) This offer is not applicable for Shangri-La Circle Jade membership renewal. 8) Terms and conditions of Shangri-La Circle Programme apply.
III. Promotions From now until 31 December 2022, Platinum Cardholders who successfully apply for and activate the card will be exempted from the annual fee for the first year, and existing Diamond or Jade members who successfully apply for and activate the card will be exempted from the annual fee for three years.