This is an ICBC service for you to open overseas account via ICBC branches in China. Through the service, you will be able to open an ICBC Singapore account at the designated branch in China before your departure. It helps you to start managing your accounts before landing in Singapore by using our global remittance service. You could activate your online banking and pick up your debit card after your arrival in Singapore.
☆ Unique Benefits
1. Chinese services: ICBC Singapore provides thoughtful Chinese services to help you to avoid and handle inconveniences that are caused by differences in culture and language.
2. Full range of services: you can manage your accounts through our counters, telephone banking, online banking, etc.
3. Worldwide Acceptance: the Dual Currency Debit Card issued by ICBC Singapore can be used worldwide. No service charge applied when you purchase at all the POS in mainland China. You could also withdraw money from all the ATMs in mainland china.
4. Security: you can easily remit money to the ICBC Singapore account opened in advance before your departure, which helps you to mitigate the risk of carrying a large amount of cash during the trip.
5. Easy to use: you are able to collect your debit card and USB token at our branch as soon as you arrive in Singapore, which saves you a lot of time.
☆ Target Customer
The service is only applicable to individual domestic residents obtaining foreign (overseas) long-term visa pass (valid for more than three months) and for the purposes of overseas study, dispatching, laboring or other long-term overseas residence purposes.
☆ Required Documents
1. Valid China Identification Card (front and back);
2. Valid Passport (visa expiry date is at least in 3 months);
3. Valid Pass (eg. Work Pass, Student Pass, Long term visit Pass etc.);
4. Prove of residence address if different from ID address.