Account Opening Witness product is our service for you to open ICBC NZ account via ICBC branches in China. Through this service, you will be able to open an ICBC NZ account at the designated branch in China before your departure to New Zealand. It helps you to start managing your accounts before landing in New Zealand by using our global remittance service.
1. Security: You can easily remit fund to the ICBC NZ account opened in advance before your departure from China to New Zealand, which helps you to mitigate the risk of carrying a large amount of cash during the trip.
2. Chinese services: ICBC NZ provides thoughtful Chinese services to help you avoid inconveniences caused by different culture and language.
3. Easy to use: As soon as you arrive in New Zealand you can activate your account at the ICBC NZ branch, which is in the center of Auckland with easy access from everywhere. The ICBC UnionPay Debit Card can also be issued to combine with your account and it is accepted at all ATM machines and POS machines with UnionPay logo throughout the world.
☆ Target Clients
The service is only applicable to individual domestic residents obtaining foreign (overseas) long-term visa pass (valid for more than three months) and for the purposes of overseas study, dispatching, laboring or other long-term overseas residence purposes.
1. When applying for this service, you shall provide the original documents required below and fill in application form.
(1) Valid ID, including but not limited to Resident identity card (including temporary resident identity card), book of registered permanent residence, Military ID card.
(2) Passport and Visa (visa expiry date is at least in 3 months).
(3) Proof of Physical Address in China (including tenancy agreement or utility bill which is no longer than 3 months and with your name on it).
(4) Your address in New Zealand after your arrival.
2. After all the information and documents are provided to ICBC NZ, you can obtain your account in ICBC NZ shortly.
3. Your account will be hold temporarily after opening and can not be used for payment or fund transfer, but only receive fund. You shall come to the branch in person to set a pass code and activate the account after you arrive in New Zealand.
☆ Service Channel
Address: Ground Floor, 2 Queen Street, Auckland CBD, New Zealand
Tel: 0064 9 374 7266, 0064 9 374 7267, 0064 9 374 7269
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm