The options of cross-border inward remittance include the inward telegraphic transfer, "Money Gram" inward remittance, etc. Please choose the appropriate way according to your needs.
Option 1: Inward Telegraphic Transfer
The customer can use the cross-border inward telegraphic transfer as long as a multi-currency current account (such as the financial account, money-link card, current all-in-one passbook, etc.) is opened in ICBC. As a member of SWIFT, ICBC offers convenient cross-border inward remittance in multi-currency by virtue of its leading foreign exchange remittance and clearing systems, wide service network and plenty of correspondents in China and abroad.
1. Multi-currency and wide coverage: Through ICBC, you can receive the overseas inward remittance in freely-convertible currencies (see the currencies in foreign exchange quotation published by ICBC) from all countries and regions (Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan). Remittance in currencies covered by the savings business of ICBC can be directly credited to the account. Remittance in freely-convertible currencies not covered by the savings business of ICBC is only credited to the account after you provide certification materials related to foreign exchange settlement as required by State Administration of Foreign Exchange.
2. Low cost: ICBC doesn't make any charge on overseas inward remittance.
3. Easy entry: As long as a multi-currency current account (such as the financial account, money-link card, current all-in-one passbook, etc.) is designated as the receiving account, the remittance will be credited to your account. The customer is free from the trouble of handling entry formalities at the counter.
4. Considerable service: Before you receive the cross-border inward remittance, ICBC will provide detailed cross-border remittance guidance. You can provide it to the overseas remitter, and ask the remitter to transfer the payment to you in the easy, economic and fast way as much as possible.
☆ Service Channel
The remitter can make remittance to ICBC from the bank in various countries and regions of the world. The payee may inquire the balance change through the counter, Telephone Banking or Internet Banking.
☆ Operation Guide
1. Before overseas organizations or individuals make remittance to domestic customers, the domestic customer should provide them with ICBC guidance for remittance in corresponding currencies (which can be obtained by sending a message to or calling 95588) and relevant information of the payee in advance. Generally you need to provide to the overseas remitter the following information: payee's name (i.e., name in Chinese Pinyin consistent with the name in your certificate, with the receiving account name), full number of the multi-currency current account (or card), full name of receiving Bank (that is, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China), swift code of the receiving Bank (i.e. ICBC), phone number and address (in English) of payee, and other information. Please call local service hotline 95588 for more details.
2. Please ask the remitter making transfer through overseas banks to fill in the Remittance Application in accordance with ICBC remittance guidance and payee's information provided by you. If the remitter is not sure about how to fill in the Remittance Application, he/she can present ICBC inward remittance guidance to the clerk of remitting bank to ask for help when handling such business in the overseas bank.
3. If you, as the payee, don't have a foreign currency savings account in advance in ICBC, but would like to have the payment remitted to ICBC, it is recommended that you open a multi-currency current account in advance to ensure that the payment is received successfully in a timely manner.
1. Are there any requirements for receiving oversea remittance?
To receive overseas inward remittance, you only need to open a multi-currency current account (such as the financial account, money-link card, current all-in-one passbook, etc.) in ICBC and provide relevant information of you to the overseas remitter according to Guidance to Oversea Inward Remittance of ICBC.
2. How to use the remittance guidance?
The remittance guidance varies by the currency of remittance. It is only related to the inward remittance currency and has nothing to do with the remitting country. For example, if the remittance is made from UK in USD, the "Guidance for USD remittance" shall be selected and followed rather than "Guidance for British Pound remittance".
3. Can the remittance in RMB made directly to China from abroad?
The person holding identity certificate of Hong Kong or legal certificate of residence of Macau can make remittance in RMB by taking the remitter as the payee. The maximum amount for each remitter per day is RMB80,000. In addition, you select foreign exchange pre-settlement remittance in the overseas branch of ICBC to ensure the payee directly receives payments in RMB.
4. Why does my remittance fail to enter the account as scheduled?
Please confirm with the remitter whether the payee's information provided is correct, the receiving account is a multi-currency current account, and the payee's name is consistent with receiving account name. If all above information is correct, please ask the remitter to inquire the remitting bank.
5. Why is the amount received is less than the amount remitted?
If the remitting bank and ICBC open current accounts in each other, generally the remittance can be received in full amount. Otherwise, the remittance has to be transferred by one or more intermediary banks before it gets to ICBC. Each intermediary bank will collect a service charge when handling the transfer. Therefore, the amount received may be less than the amount remitted.
6. Can ICBC receive overseas remittance in Swedish krona?
Yes. But as Swedish krona is not included in the savings deposit business of ICBC, after receiving the payment, we will inform you to go to the designated outlets to conduct compliance settlement of exchange for your inward remittance bearing identity card and materials necessary for the settlement of exchange as required by State Administration of Foreign Exchange, only after which the payment can be credited to the account.
7. Is the overseas ICBC branch the only choice for remittance towards ICBC?
No. You can choose any bank in any country all over the world to make remittance to accounts opened in ICBC, but if you are conducting personal foreign exchange pre-settlement remittance, the ICBC overseas branch is the only choice.
Option 2: "Money Gram" Cash Withdrawal
It is a cross-border remittance service provided by ICBC on behalf of "Money Gram", which is a world-famous company providing remittance services. Personal customers applying for the service can make fast, easy, safe and reliable remittance without getting the payee's bank account. If you are in a hurry to receive remittance in foreign currencies from overseas individuals but has no account opened in ICBC, the "Money Gram" cash withdrawal service can help you to get the fund as soon as possible.
1. Wide network of remitting institutions: "Money Gram" has over 200,000 correspondents in 190 countries all around the world. The overseas remitter can make remittance to you through such correspondents and you can get it paid at the designated outlets of ICBC.
2. Fast: Base on ICBC's clearing system of foreign currency and the worldwide network and electronic technologies of Money Gram, the payee can receive the remittance transferred by Money Gram in about ten minutes in normal business hours after the remittance. This service is the best choice for customers who are in badly need of funds.
3. No charges for paying: Only the remitter is charged for remittance through Money Gram based on the amount remitted. No charges will be collected for the paying.
4. Receipt in full amount: There are no charges collected by any intermediary bank after remittance. The remittance can be paid in full amount to the payee.
5. Simple procedures:
For remitter: There is no need to choose complicated methods of remittance, nor provide the payee's opening bank and account. The remitter shall only provide the payee' name and give the Ref. No. of the remittance to the payee.
For payee: There is no need to have a bank account, nor ascertain the paying branches in advance. The payee can get paid at any correspondent of Money Gram by providing ID document and Ref. No. of the remittance.
6. Safe and reliable: The payee can get paid by providing valid ID document and Ref. No. of the remittance. The payment is made after multiple checks so as to guarantee the security of your remittance. Besides, all the information related to the remittance is stored and processed electronically. Its transfer is controlled by Money Gram system so as to guarantee the security of the information.
☆ Service Channel
You can apply for the service at designated ICBC outlets. Please call local customer service hotline 95588 before applying for the service.
☆ Operation Guide
1. You must carry valid identity certificates when getting the Money Gram remittance paid at the designated branches of ICBC.
2. Fill out the withdrawal form, including the reference number, remitter's name, the name, address, city, postal code, telephone number of payee's, etc.
3. Provide the declaration of international balance of payment.
Option 3: Direct Remittance through "Money Gram"
It is one of the cooperation projects between ICBC and "Money Gram", a world-famous company providing remittance services. It provides fast, easy, safe and reliable international remittance services exclusively for customers holding individual multi-currency deposit account/cards of ICBC.
If your overseas relatives and friends want to make remittance to you in a foreign currency and you have a multi-currency current savings account in ICBC (if you do not have the account, you can apply for it any outlet of ICBC), you can choose the Money Gram service of ICBC to directly receive the payment in the account and easily receive it without the need of bank queuing.
Up to now, foreign countries having opened Money Gram direct remitting accounts include the United States, Italy, Australia, France, Germany, the Netherlands, and Belgium.
The receiving currencies include US dollar, Euro, British pound and Australian dollar.
1. Wide network of remitting institutions: "Money Gram" owns abundant correspondents in foreign countries having opened Money Gram direct remitting accounts. The overseas remitter can remit funds to the designated ICBC account through the correspondents.
2. Convenient receiving: The customers don't have to go to outlets to receive the remittance. Just a multi-currency current savings account/card is enough.
3. Free notice of entry: ICBC will send a free SMS notice to the payee on the date of entry.
4. Fast: Thanks to ICBC's clearing system of foreign currency and the worldwide network and electronic technologies of Money Gram, the payee can receive the remittance transferred by Money Gram in 24 hours in normal business hours after the remittance in the fastest cases.
5. No charges for paying: Only the remitter is charged for remittance through Money Gram based on the amount remitted. No charges will be collected for the paying.
6. Receipt in full amount: There are no charges collected by any intermediary bank after remittance. The remittance can be paid in full amount to the payee.
7. Simple procedures:
The payee is only required to open an account in ICBC and login on the website of Money Gram to make registration and provide the remitter with the 10-digit number (RRN) for global remittance acquired during registration before the first receipt of remittance. If the payment amount is more than USD3,000 (exclusive) or equivalent amount in other currencies, the payee doesn't need to go to the counter for declaration of international balance of payments. Instead, the payee can confirm the transaction through mobile message and ask the bank to make indirect declaration.
The remitter doesn't have to choose complex remittance path. He/she is only required to provide the payee name, registration number and other simple information and notify the payee of the amount of the remittance and business reference number (in 8 digits) immediately after the remittance.
8. Safe and reliable: The payment is made after multiple checks so as to guarantee the security of your remittance. Besides, all the information related to the remittance is stored and processed electronically. Its transfer is controlled by Money Gram system so as to guarantee the security of the information.
☆ Service Channel
All business outlets can open the multi-currency current savings account/card and assist you to make registration.
☆ Operation Guide
● How to make registration?
1. Login on the website of Money Gram at www.moneygram.com/AccountRegistration to make registration before the first remittance. No registration is required for future Money Gram Direct Remittance business if there are no changes in registration information.
2. Select China for "receiving country" and "ICBC + required payment currency" for "Payment options".
3. Input the following items with half-width English letters: name and mobile number of the payee, 19-digit current account of ICBC, permanent address, city, province, occupation and gender of the payee and the transaction purpose.
4. Submit the information and get the 10-digit registration number for global remittances (RRN).
5. Provide the registration number (RRN) to the remitter, and ask the remitter to make remittance at overseas Money Gram outlets.
● How to receive remittance?
1. After completing the remittance transactions, the remitter shall immediately notify the payee of the remittance amount and business reference number (in 8 digits), and ask the payee to watch the mobile text messages.
2. The payee should watch the mobile messages during normal business hours. ICBC will send a free message to the payee on the date of entry, telling the payee that the remittance has been received successfully.
If the payment amount is more than USD3000 (exclusive) or equivalent amount in other currencies, according to requirements of State Administration of Foreign Exchange, ICBC will send a message to the payee to confirm the transaction purpose before the remittance is credited. If there is no dispute, the payee is required reply "1" in time to confirm it. ICBC will provide the declaration of international balance of payment according to the confirmation of message reply from the payee. The payee must reply to the message at the time specified. Otherwise the remittance may be returned.