It is a service provided for customers to purchase precious metals via the ICBC account in RMB or USD on a regular basis within a certain period according to the investment amount and quantity stated in the investment plan. The precious metals purchased for regular investment include gold, silver, platinum and palladium.
II. Target Customers
Personal customers who have medium- or long-term demand for precious metals investment and have certain knowledge about the precious metal market.
III. Features and Advantages
1. Multiple purchases upon one application. Once you formulate the regular investment plan, the ICBC will automatically deduct related amount of funds on a regular basis and make several purchases of precious metals according to your investment plan.
2. Shared costs and reduced risks. The purchase cost will be shared and investment risks caused by market fluctuation will be reduced thanks to the investment in a fixed amount on a regular basis.
3. Wealth amassing. Customers can realize medium- and long-term investment of precious metals by making small but regular investments.
IV. ICBC Advantages
1. Low investment threshold. The threshold and the minimum increment for the transaction of gold, silver, platinum and palladium in planned quantity via USD account are both 0.01 ounce; while the threshold for the transaction of such precious metals in planned amount is USD10 and the minimum increment is USD10. The threshold and the minimum increment for the transaction of gold, silver, platinum and palladium in planned quantity via RMB account are 1 gram and 0.1 gram respectively; while the threshold and the minimum increment for the transaction of such precious metals in planned amount are both RMB100.
2. Customized settings. Customers can customize the type of precious metals and the currency, frequency (daily/monthly), tenure (non-fixed term/1 year/3 years/5 years/8 years etc.) of regular investment based on their needs. Up to 30 valid regular investment plans can be set at one time.
3. Readily cashable. The precious metals purchased for regular investment can be sold at anytime during business hours, so that customers can recoup funds.
V. Service Channels and Time
Customers can sign agreements on regular investment of precious metals or set plans at the ICBC counters or through e-banking system (Internet banking, mobile banking etc.).
Customers can set, modify or terminate regular investment plans on any day at the counter or through e-banking system. Customers can set, but are not allowed to modify or change regular investment plans from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
VI. Application Process
1. At counters: Customers, who have Peony Money Link Card, Elite Club Account Card or Platinum Elite Club Account Card and have opened accounts for precious metal transactions, can set regular investment plan on personal account-based precious metals by filling in the ICBC Transaction Document of Personal Account-based Precious Metals at the ICBC outlets during business hours.
2. Through e-banking system: Customers, who have registered personal e-banking system and opened accounts for precious metal transactions, can make regular investment on personal account-based precious metals through self-service channels of the ICBC Internet banking or mobile banking.
1. The price of regular investment is the ICBC spot ask price of account-based precious metals at 4:00 p.m. on the defined trading sessions. (Defined trading sessions are usually from Monday to Friday. If the ICBC is unable to make regular investment on precious metals on the given day due to public holidays in major precious metal markets abroad, the ICBC announcement shall prevail.).
2. Customers shall conform to the ICBC Agreement on Account-based Precious Metal Transaction and the ICBC Rules on Account-based Precious Metal Transaction.
VIII. Risk Prompt
Regular investment on personal account-based precious metals involves policy risk, price risk, interest rate risk, security risk in communication system and network system. Prices may swing sharply due to world political and economic factors and other emergencies. You shall be fully aware of the inherent risks.
Note: The information provided on this page is for reference only. Concrete business shall be subject to the announcement and provisions of the local outlet.